Spanish River Organic Soil Amendment, 2 Pound Bag
- Superior for organic gardening
- most extensive suite of trace minerals of any organic or chemical fertilizer we have found
- Organic chemistry, mineral/nutrient content
- (highest brix), accelerated germination
- Improved and increased root mass and root depth/extension
- 1 lb covers a 4’ x 5’ garden
- Lightly sprinkle on selected garden area at a rate of 1lb per 21-25 square feet (about a 5x5-foot square) of garden space. Gently rake or till into surface.
- Sprinkle lightly into seed furrows or seed drill holes after seeding and before covering with soil.
- Sprinkle into planting holes for transplants.
- Add a tablespoon or two per gallon of planting mix for planters and pots.
Spanish River Carbonatite is a volcanic carbonatite rock found in the Sudbury region in Northern Ontario, Canada formed over 2.8 billion years ago. It is an entirely natural, organically-approved, mineral soil amendment and mineral fertilizer, Spanish River Carbonatite contains an extensive suite of trace minerals. Many of the minerals are critical catalysts in mineral/microbial/plant interactions and explain in part SRC’s excellent response over a vast and complex array of different soil types and growing conditions.
SRC’s mineral composition is among the reasons that it is an agricultural problem solver. SRC is a combination of minerals such as calcium (60%), phosphorous (5%), potassium (2%), iron (4%) in association with magnesium and most of the micronutrients, trace elements and rare earths that are essential for optimal soil balance and healthy plant growth.
Reactive Minerals Helps Reduce or Eliminate Metal Toxicities in the Soil
Naturally Potent Chemistry
50% Calcium Carbonate
25% Biotite (Potassium Mica / Pyroxene / Vermiculite)
12% Apatite (Phosphorus)
13% Trace and Rare Earth Elements
Partial List of Trace Elements (Note: as ppm – parts per million):
1200 ppm manganese (Mn)
60 ppm zinc (Zn)
10 ppm copper (Cu)
10 ppm cobalt (Co)
12 ppm molybdenum (Mo)
40 ppm boron (B)
How To Apply
Caution: Avoid breathing rock dust.